Our Mission Statement
The Maple Ridge Treatment Centre develops partnerships with men who have experienced problematic substance use. Together, we work towards increasing capacities for improving wellness in their lives, their families and their communities.
MRTC in Brief
- Participants are male, 19 years of age and older, and have the basic ability to speak and understand English.
- Applications are accepted from the Fraser Health Referral Coordination Services.
- Program delivery is primarily group based along with house workshops, educational groups and some opportunities for individual sessions.
- Treatment is evidence-based, holistic, and informed by a wellness model.
- Length of program is either 28 or 49 days. However, this time-frame is flexible and based on individual needs.
The MRTC Service Model is supported by evaluation findings and published evidence. It is intended to support abstinence and to reduce harms associated with problematic substance use.
Currently, the Maple Ridge Treatment Centre offers:
- Opportunities for 60 men to engage in services and supports (60 bed occupancy).
- Clinical Counsellors.
- A medical team which includes a medical director and onsite nursing team.
- A full-time registered onsite dietician.
- An onsite exercise and games room, meditation and yoga classes and community partnerships with recreation and leisure services.
Initially a private facility, the Fraser Health Authority assumed ownership in 1998. In accordance with Fraser Health’s policies and evidence-based best practices, MRTC implemented a program designed to help participants achieve optimum wellness. MRTC welcomes people of all orientations and cultures and is fully wheelchair accessible. The program is licensed and accredited, is funded in part by Fraser Health and complies with all program standards for Substance Use Services.